On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 02:34:30PM +1100, David Gibson wrote: > Thomas Huth recently posted a patches to switch the default USB > controller for the pseries machine type to xHCI, which necessitated > creating a pseries-2.6 machine type version. > > That raised a bunch of comments suggesting better ways we could manage > the machine versioning for pseries. > > This is an attempt to implement those suggestions. For the most part > it makes the handling of machine versions for pseries more similar to > the handling of PC machine versions. > > Eduardo, > - Any opinions on how 5/10 (the only patch which isn't spapr > specific) should be merged? > > Otherwise I'm hoping to get some ACKs from outside Red Hat, at which > point I'll merge these into my ppc-for-2.6 tree, to be pushed upstream > once the 2.6 tree opens. Alexey, thanks for the reviews, I've now merged these to ppc-for-2.6. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson