* [Qemu-devel] cgroup blkio weight has no effect on qemu
@ 2016-01-20 10:41 陈博
From: 陈博 @ 2016-01-20 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini; +Cc: qemu-devel

Hi,

Could you enlighten me how to achieve proportional IO sharing by using cgroup, instead of qemu's own io-throttling?

My qemu config is like: -drive file=$DISKFILe,if=none,format=qcow2,cache=none,aio=native -device virtio-blk-pci...

Test command inside vm is like: dd if=/dev/vdc of=/dev/null iflag=direct

Cgroup blkio weight of the qemu process is properly configured as well.

But no matter how change the proportion, such as vm1=400 and vm2=100, I can only get the equal IO speed.

Wondering cgroup blkio.weight or blkio.weight_device has no effect on qemu?

PS. cache=writethrough aio=threads is also tested, the same results.

- Bob

* Re: [Qemu-devel] cgroup blkio weight has no effect on qemu
@ 2016-01-20 14:52 ` Daniel P. Berrange
From: Daniel P. Berrange @ 2016-01-20 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 陈博; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, qemu-devel

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 06:41:16PM +0800, 陈博 wrote:

Sending the question once is enough, and reply with a 'ping' message if
no one has answered after a few days waiting for response. There is no
need to send the same mail 11 times over.

Regards,
Daniel

* [Qemu-devel] cgroup blkio weight has no effect on qemu
@ 2016-01-20 10:15 Bob Chen
From: Bob Chen @ 2016-01-20 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Armbruster; +Cc: qemu-devel

Sorry for disturbing by reply, don't know why I'm not able to send a new
mail.
------------------------

Hi folks,

Could you enlighten me how to achieve proportional IO sharing by using
cgroup, instead of qemu's io-throttling?

@ 2016-01-20  9:55 Bob Chen
From: Bob Chen @ 2016-01-20  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi folks,

@ 2016-01-20  9:51 Bob Chen
From: Bob Chen @ 2016-01-20  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi folks,

@ 2016-01-20  9:43 陈博
From: 陈博 @ 2016-01-20  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi folks,

Could you enlighten me how to achieve proportional IO sharing by using cgroup, instead of qemu's io-throttling?

@ 2016-01-20  9:37 Bob Chen
From: Bob Chen @ 2016-01-20  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

@ 2016-01-20  9:29 Bob Chen
From: Bob Chen @ 2016-01-20  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

@ 2016-01-19  9:59 陈博
From: 陈博 @ 2016-01-19  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi folks,

Could you enlighten me about how to achieve proportional IO sharing by using cgroup, instead of qemu?