Hi Dirk, > First, regarding the clocks, if anybody from the experts could advise me how > we'd like to interface dynamic clocks to the existing Gen3 clock code, that > would be really welcome: I am not the clock expert, but I try to have a look next week. > Second, I'm mainly interested in eMMC support for the Salvator-X. Therefore OK, nice to know. I have eMMC running now, without DMA and HS200, of course. My patches need some refactoring, though. > I picked (hopefully) all patches from the Renesas BSP to > renesas-drivers-2016-01-13-v4.4 Yes, that's where I picked your clock patches from :) > so I'd suspect some memory overwriting. But what confuses me is that the > same code works fine on the the 4.2 based Renesas BSP. I have no idea > regarding this, yet. I usually don't have high hopes that putting more than a trivial amount of any BSP code on top of upstream will result in success ;) My obviuos plan is to work incrementally. First basic support, then DMA, then UHS-I/HS200. Review, refactor existing patches. Upstream first, etc pp... You know all this, I guess. > And third, from reading the r8a7795 manual I think the manual talks about > > https://github.com/dirkbehme/linux-renesas-rcar-gen3/commit/f2a727c859916d59dca85dbb72c1b61da3fd6da0 > > But testing this it doesn't work. So either the manual is wrong, or I missed > anything else. I have seen this patch and my gut feeling is that it won't make a difference? SCLKDIVEN is like CBUSY plus some more cycles AFAIU. But I am not working on DMA issues now, this has to wait. Kind regards, Wolfram