On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 11:04:36AM -0800, Stephen Boyd wrote: > I don't follow the rest of your mail though. Are you suggesting > that in this case we put the regulator control into the PMIC > regulator driver (qcom_spmi-regulator.c) and then use a > syscon/regmap there to change the voltages inside the MMIO bus? > That may work but we're going to need to update the binding for > the SPMI regulator driver then. No, why would you want to do that? I'm saying that if the device has a SPMI interface make that the primary interface for the driver. Presumably the SPMI bus abstraction is capable of representing this fairly directly. > I'm not really excited about the binding we have here either. > We're going to have two places in DT where we've created a > regulator for the same physical regulator. One will be a child of > the SAW node on the MMIO bus, and another will be a child of the > PMIC on the SPMI/SSBI bus. In the end, they're both the same > regulator, so any constraints on one node will need to be applied > to the other node as well. Are you saying that this is a problem with the driver that just got merged? We got to v4 before I applied the driver... My understanding was that this is a driver for a new regulator type not a duplicate interface for existing regulator.