Hi Oliver, On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 03:07:27PM +0100, Oliver Neukum wrote: > On Tue, 2016-02-09 at 19:01 +0200, Heikki Krogerus wrote: > > 1. connected - Connection status of the connector > > 2. alternate_mode - The current Alternate Mode > > 3. alternate_modes - Lists all Alternate Modes the connector supports > > 4. partner_alt_modes - Lists partner's Alternate Modes when connected > > Now that I think about it, there's a gap. > Which SVIDs do we expose if we are UFP (slave)? In the alternate_modes listing the connectors alt modes, we can not have modes that the hardware can not support of course, and it is the responsibility of the drivers registering the type-c ports with this clss to make sure they are not part of the list. In partner alternate modes, we will list all alternate modes the partner supports, even the ones our connector doesn't. The modes that can actually be selected have to be supported by both the connector and the partner, and this is where I'm putting the ball on the userspace at the moment. I'm not offering a list of "possible_alternate_modes" where I list the combination, but instead expect the userspace to be figure out that on it's own. Do you think we should add "possible_alternate_modes" file? P.S. That reminds me, here's my current draft for the Documentation/ABI/. Could you take a look? Thanks, -- heikki