Hi, On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 04:00:11PM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote: > On Mo, 2016-03-14 at 12:41 +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote: > > Currently, virgl support has to go through a local unix socket, trying > > to connect to a VM using -spice gl through spice://localhost:5900 will > > only result in a black screen. > > This commit errors out when the user tries to start a VM with both GL > > support and a port/tls-port set. > > This would fit better in spice-server, but currently QEMU does not call > > into spice-server when parsing 'gl' on its command line, so we have to > > do this check in QEMU instead. > > Hmm. It's something which we want support long-term though, by encoding > those dma-bufs as video stream and send them off over tcp. > > I don't think this is a good idea long-term. Yes, long-term we will want to remove this once spice gets support for this. Currently however, this imo makes it a bit easier to understand how everything is setup. Otherwise I expect people are going to just take their existing SPICE libvirt configuration listening on the network, add to it, try remote-viewer spice://localhost:5900 and wonder why they get a black screen, and not know whether this is because their guest does not support virgl, or their host, or because of some other issue, ... Having this as a stopgap ensures that they at least be informed this is not a valid usecase. > And even as temporary stopgap: Can libvirt + virt-manager handle this? libvirt can, I haven't tried virt-manager (I believe all the patches from Marc-André haven't been pushed yet) starts QEMU with -spice port=0 Christophe