From: Al Viro <viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk>
To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
	linux-fsdevel <linux-fsdevel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [git pull] vfs.git
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 01:59:47 +0000	[thread overview]

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 06:55:21PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 6:44 PM, Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> >         Preparations of parallel lookups (the remaining main obstacle is the
> > need to move security_d_instantiate(); once that becomes safe, the rest will
> > be a matter of rather short series local to fs/*.c) + preadv2/pwritev2 series
> > from Christoph + assorted fixes.
>
> So this:
>
> > Al Viro:
> >       replace d_add_unique() with saner primitive
>
> ends up conflicting with commit d9dfd8d74168 ("NFSv4: Fix a dentry
> leak on alias use").
>
> >From what I can tell, your version doesn't have the leak issue, so my
> merge resolution is to just take your new code as-is, but I'd ask you
> to double-check my logic.
>
> (I haven't pushed out the merge yet, it's still going through my build
> test. Soon, but I guess you can just take a look at that dentry leak
> commit regardless).

It does contain an equivalent of the leak fix, and yes, resolution should
be "take the variant from vfs.git in the area of conflict".

In fact, I was just pondering whether to send a followup describing the
conflict resolution (== take the variant from vfs.git in the area of
conflict) or leave it be as too trivial.  Should've sent...