From: Mark Fasheh <mfasheh@suse.de>
To: Qu Wenruo <quwenruo@cn.fujitsu.com>
Cc: "Holger Hoffstätte" <holger.hoffstaette@googlemail.com>,
	"Filipe David Manana" <fdmanana@gmail.com>,
	linux-btrfs <linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: WARN_ON in record_root_in_trans() when deleting freshly renamed subvolume
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:09:26 -0700	[thread overview]

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 09:05:47AM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:

> Mark Fasheh wrote on 2016/04/08 12:18 -0700:
> >On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 03:10:35PM +0200, Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
> >>[cc: Mark and Qu]

> >>We have a bingo!
> >>
> >>Reverting "qgroup: Fix qgroup accounting when creating snapshot"
> >>from last Wednesday immediately fixes the problem.
> >
> >Not surprising, I had some issues testing it out too. I'm pretty sure this
> >patch is corrupting memory, I just haven't found where yet though my
> >educated guess is that the transaction is being reused improperly.
> >	--Mark
> >
> >--
> >Mark Fasheh
> >

> Still digging the bug Mark has reported about the patch.
>
> Good to have another report, as I can't always reproduce the soft
> lockup from Mark.
>
> It seems that the WARN_ON will bring another clue to fix it.
>
> BTW, the memory corruption assumption seems to be quite helpful.
> I didn't consider in that way, but it seems to be the only reason
> causing dead spinlock while no other thread spinning and no lockdep
> warning.

It seems to be the call to commit_cowonly_roots() in your patch which sets
everything off. If I remove that call I can run all day without a crash.

Btw, I'm not convinced this fixes the qgroup numbers anyway - we are still
inconsistent even if I don't get a crash.

Have you tested that the actual numbers on your end are coming out ok?
	--Mark

--
Mark Fasheh