Hi, On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 09:57:51AM +0300, Ivaylo Dimitrov wrote: > >>https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/sre/linux-n900.git/log/?h=n900-camera-ivo > > > >Ok, going to diff with my tree to see what I have missed to send in the > >patchset > > Now, that's getting weird. [...] > I you want to try it, zImage and initrd are on > http://46.249.74.23/linux/camera-n900/ The zImage + initrd works with the steps you described below. I received a completly black image, but at least there are interrupts and yavta is happy (=> it does not hang). For reference I configured the pipeline using media-ctl and used this to acquire the image: ./yavta --capture=1 --format UYVY --file="/tmp/frame.uyvy" --size 656x488 /dev/video6 Then I copied the file to my notebook using the FTP server coming with your initrd and displayed it using "display" from imagemagick: display -size 656x488 -colorspace rgb frame.uyvy Before analysing why there is only a black image let's start with the no image at all problem, though. > I cloned n900-camera-ivo, copied rx51_defconfig from my tree, added: > > CONFIG_VIDEO_SMIAREGS=m > CONFIG_VIDEO_ET8EK8=m > CONFIG_VIDEO_BUS_SWITCH=m > > to it, make mrproper, built the kernel using rx51_defconfig and made initrd > for rescueos, so to be sure that maemo5 did not influence cameras somehow. Ok, so there is probably a problem when some things are not built as modules. > I cloned n900-camera-ivo, copied rx51_defconfig from my tree, added: > > CONFIG_VIDEO_SMIAREGS=m > CONFIG_VIDEO_ET8EK8=m > CONFIG_VIDEO_BUS_SWITCH=m > > to it, make mrproper, built the kernel using rx51_defconfig and made initrd > for rescueos, so to be sure that maemo5 did not influence cameras somehow. I will test your kernel + your modules with my userspace, so that I know for sure, that my userland behaves correctly. Can you try if your config still works if you configure CONFIG_VIDEO_OMAP3=y, but leaving the sensors configured as modules? I will try the reverse process (using my config and moving config options to =m). > ~$ modprobe smiapp modprobing smiapp resulted in a kernel message about a missing symbol btw. I currently don't remember which one and it's no longer in dmesg due to ISP debug messages. > Please, Sebastian and Pavel, make sure you're not using some development > devices, old board versions need VAUX3 enabled as well, and this is not > supported in the $subject patchset. I guess you may try to make VAUX3 > always-on in board DTS if that's the case, but I've never tested that, my > device is a production one. I don't have pre-production N900s. The phone I use for development is HW revision 2101 with Finish keyboard layout. Apart from that I have my productive phone, which is rev 2204 with German layout. -- Sebastian