On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 02:58:13PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote: > Robert Jarzmik wrote: > > Even if I'd like to not have these in bus operations, the struct snd_ac97 had a > > need for a 'caps', 'ext_id', ... fields for example. Yet these could be > > contained in the ac97_codec_device structure and not exposed to bus operations. > Do we have any example of such exceptions? For AC97, we don't need to > think of future extensions at all. I can't think of any, even for some of the more fancy CODECs used in embedded systems.