On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 11:51:26AM -0700, Frank Rowand wrote: > On 5/24/2016 10:50 AM, Pantelis Antoniou wrote: > > Introduce a new magic number for dynamic plugin objects, > > which is enabled by selecting dtbo/input output options. > > Why is a new magic number needed for .dtbo? Isn't it the > same format as the existing .dtb, just with some added > nodes? I insisted on that. Yes, the encoding format is the same, but in order to properly interpret the content, you have to know that it's an overlay rather than a full tree. So, it should have a different magic number. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson