Hi all, I've come up with a new solution for the problem (attached). Between the long, old and irrelevant comments on the bug report and the various mailing-list threads it was getting hard to understand. So I've written a summary which explains the problem in details and the 2 proposed solutions. http://diobla.info/stuff/bugs/bsc799133/ The new solution is basically switching to the old prefixpath system when the normal method of querying intermediary path fails. It's much more simpler. *Any* feedback would be nice. I haven't noticed any problems so far but I haven't run the xfs test suite (I still have to figure out how to make it play nice with cifs...). I'm sending to samba-tech too in hopes of reviews/comments. -- Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97 8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3 SUSE Linux GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)