* [Buildroot] Clean and rebuild rootfs.ext2 and rootfs.tar
@ 2016-06-14  9:32 Oscar Gomez Fuente
From: Oscar Gomez Fuente @ 2016-06-14  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi everyone,

Is there any way to clean the files: rootfs.ext2 and rootfs.tar and rebuild
them again? I only want to guarantee that my rootfs.ext2 and rootfs.tar are
updated. Up to know I was using: make clean && make, but I spend a lot of
time.

Best regards.

Oscar Gomez Fuente.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] Clean and rebuild rootfs.ext2 and rootfs.tar
@ 2016-06-14 10:34 ` Baruch Siach
From: Baruch Siach @ 2016-06-14 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Oscar,

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 11:32:32AM +0200, Oscar Gomez Fuente wrote:
> Is there any way to clean the files: rootfs.ext2 and rootfs.tar and rebuild
> them again? I only want to guarantee that my rootfs.ext2 and rootfs.tar are
> updated. Up to know I was using: make clean && make, but I spend a lot of
> time.

Just deleting these files and running 'make' should do the trick.

baruch

   - baruch at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -

* [Buildroot] Clean and rebuild rootfs.ext2 and rootfs.tar
@ 2016-06-14 11:52   ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2016-06-14 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 13:34:00 +0300, Baruch Siach wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 11:32:32AM +0200, Oscar Gomez Fuente wrote:
> > Is there any way to clean the files: rootfs.ext2 and rootfs.tar and rebuild
> > them again? I only want to guarantee that my rootfs.ext2 and rootfs.tar are
> > updated. Up to know I was using: make clean && make, but I spend a lot of
> > time.
>
> Just deleting these files and running 'make' should do the trick.

You don't even need to delete these files. Just run "make", and all
filesystem images are re-generated at every "make" invocation.

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* [Buildroot] Clean and rebuild rootfs.ext2 and rootfs.tar
@ 2016-06-14 12:40     ` Oscar Gomez Fuente
From: Oscar Gomez Fuente @ 2016-06-14 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Ok thank you everyone,

I think I was doing something wrong.

Best regards.

[image: photo] ?scar G?mez Fuente
Electronic Engineer & Degree in Physical Sciences
Mobile: 659.28.97.90
Email: oscargomezf at gmail.com
Website: www.oscargomezf.com
<http://facebook.com/oscargomezf>  <http://plus.google.com/oscargomezf>