On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 05:45:48PM +0530, Vinod Koul wrote: > On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 01:18:10PM +0200, Lars-Peter Clausen wrote: > > Why and why is this something that other cards do not need to do? > When card suspends, the DAPM suspend closes the widgets, which translates to > we sending IPC to DSP for tearing down the pipelines. > So we need the platform to be suspended last and resume first. This way the > snd_soc_suspend will tear down pipelines and snd_soc_resume restore those > back. That doesn't answer the question - this applies to any control mechanism.