On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 01:35:23PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 05:44:00PM +0530, Vinod Koul wrote: > > On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 12:14:07PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > > > > Just use snd_soc_resume() directly. > > > Nope, that leads to warnings. > > > .complete is the only callback that expects void return whereas > > snd_soc_resume like other returns int. > > This is possibly an indication that you're abusing things then - this is > a very unusual interface to use as well... the patch just looks very > fishy as is, and as we were talking about in the other thread Lars > started it seems like this is bodging around something rather than > solving the right problem. In the hindsight, I do agree that instead of this, we should move platform to do suspend_late and resume_early. That way the dependency between card and platform is taken care in a much bteer fashion. The problem is two components racing and need of the resume being in serial fashion. Thanks -- ~Vinod