On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 08:54:26PM -0700, apronin@chromium.org wrote: > Some devices may need CS to be deasserted for some time > between transactions. Added a new capability to guarantee > a delay between SPI transactions for the device. This seems like even more of a per device thing - it's a very rare requirement (I'm guessing for some SPI controller coprocessor) and there's such a wide range of potential patterns that might be needed by different devices. > + if (msg->spi->xfer_delay) > + mdelay(msg->spi->xfer_delay); > + > spi_set_cs(msg->spi, true); This isn't a delay between messages, it's a delay before asserting chip select which will happen every single time we do anything regardless of if there was any activity immediately before or not.