On Thu, Jul 07, 2016 at 03:40:52PM +0200, Linus Lüssing wrote: > On Thu, Jul 07, 2016 at 12:14:42PM +0200, Linus Lüssing wrote: > > Hi Antonio, > > > > > have you tried applying this patch on one of your servers and measure the local > > > effect? (i.e. if the number of BRD ARP req is reduced or not?) > > > > I had queried Martin Weinelt just yesterday, they will test it on > > a 500 nodes compat-v15 setup soon :). > > Unfortunately, looks like this patch has no effect regarding the > ARP Request overhead. According to batctl log, DHCPACKs are > snooped, but still 84.3% of all ARP Requests come from the three > DHCP servers / gateways. > > These ARP Requests come encapsulated in a batman-adv broadcast > packet type. > > Hm, anyone having another idea what might still be causing these > ARP Requests? have you tried enabling DAT debug and observing step by step what happens ? You could try to study a simple case: i.e. an unknown client that comes and connects for the first time..you can save the full log somewhere and then we can all have a look (knowing the MAC address of this client) Cheers, -- Antonio Quartulli