On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 12:34:44PM +0200, Michal Suchanek wrote: > Hello, > > On 13 June 2016 at 21:57, Maxime Ripard > wrote: > > On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 05:46:48PM -0000, Michal Suchanek wrote: > >> Hello, > >> > >> This is update of the sunxi spi patches that should give full-featured SPI > >> driver. > >> > >> First three patches fix issues with the current driver and can be of use for > >> stable kernels so adding cc for those. > >> > >> I merged the sun4i and sun6i driver because there several issues that need to > >> be fixed in both separately and they are even out of sync wrt some fixes. > >> I guess some of the merge patches can be squashed. > >> > >> I tested this with A10s Olinuxino Micro. I have no sun6i device so I cannot > >> tell if that side was broken by this patchset - especially the last patch that > >> adds DMA was afaik never tested on sun6i. > > > > > > For the record, I'm still very much opposed to such a merge. > > What is the reason against the merge? I did not find the original > discussion. I really prefer some code that is concise and clear but a little duplicated over some code that shares every possible lines of code but is a giant mess impossible to understand. I just came across the reg_field stuff in regmap that would allow to partially address that problem though, there's still the bit indices issue to overcome though. > I tried to rename everything in the drivers from sun4i and sun6i to > sunxi to look at a clean diff and found about 5 differences 2 of which > look like a bug. It's hard to tell without testing. Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering http://free-electrons.com