On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 07:58:29PM +0200, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote: > On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 06:26:36PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote: > > > to help enable asynchronous probe, however for built-in devices this requires > > > very specific platform knowledge otherwise using async probe will blow up > > > your kernel -- if you get it right though, using async probe can help with > > I'm not sure what specific platform knowledge you're thinking of here? > > We have coverage for most things in the form of deferred probe (messy > > though it is). > Deferred probe is a complete a hack and sub-optimal. Being able to address Sure, I don't think anyone disagrees on that but it does mean we don't actually blow up easily like we used to - it's messy but it does get there safely. I was specifically querying your statement that things would blow up.