From: Richard Ipsum <richard.ipsum@codethink.co.uk>
To: Josh Triplett <josh@joshtriplett.org>
Cc: git@vger.kernel.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, dborowitz@google.com
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] git-series: track changes to a patch series over time
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 11:10:11 +0100	[thread overview]

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 11:40:55PM -0700, Josh Triplett wrote:
[snip]

> I'd welcome any feedback, whether on the interface and workflow, the
> internals and collaboration, ideas on presenting diffs of patch series,
> or anything else.

This looks awesome!

I've been working on some similar stuff for a while also.[1][2]

I'm particularly interested in trying to establish a standard for
storing review data in git. I've got a prototype for doing that[3],
and an example tool that uses it[4]. The tool is still incomplete/buggy though.

There seem to be a number of us trying to solve this in our different ways,
it would be great to coordinate our efforts.

The prototype library I have is partly the result of some discussion and work
with the Gerrit folks, since they were thinking about this problem
before I even started writing git-candidate, and solved it with Notedb.[5]

Let me know if you'd like to work together on this,
I've been considering taking the perl-notedb prototype and writing
a C library for it with bindings for other languages (i.e. Rust).

[1]: http://www.mail-archive.com/git%40vger.kernel.org/msg79461.html
[2]: http://www.mail-archive.com/git%40vger.kernel.org/msg80972.html

[3]: https://bitbucket.org/richardipsum/perl-notedb
[4]: https://bitbucket.org/richardipsum/git-candidate