On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 05:34:50PM -0700, Florian Fainelli wrote: > On 07/28/2016 11:28 AM, Mark Brown wrote: > > TBH if that's all it's doing then I'm surprised it's not simple to > > handle it with irq_setup_generic_chip() - have you looked at that at > > all? > The generic IRQ chip model assumes that the mask/unmask/ack logic will > operate against the same register base address, which won't be the case > for the NS/NSP/NS2 platforms where the mask/unmask is in one register > set (coined IDM), and the ack is in another one (actually 7 * 32-bits > words). I'd been thinking of just implementing an irqchip with no masking in it - the source level masking isn't really a part of the irqchip itself here any more than it is when it's a real irqchip that's attached.