On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 11:16:12AM +1000, Dave Chinner wrote: > On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 05:33:20PM -0700, Huang, Ying wrote: > We need to know what is happening that is different - there's a good > chance the mapping trace events will tell us. Huang, can you get > a raw event trace from the test? > > I need to see these events: > > xfs_file* > xfs_iomap* > xfs_get_block* > lkp-folks, can I please get these traces run and sent to me? I don't have the time or patience to try to get aim7 running on my machines - the build is full of hard-coded paths and libraries that aren't provided by modern distros (e.g. it requires a static libaio.a!) and it fails at the configure stage complaining that: configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables Which is a complete load of BS. Hence I can't make progress until I have some way of understanding what the IO pattern is that is generating the profile being measured. So far I'm unable to do that with any of the tools I been trying, hence I need the traces to work out what I'm missing... Cheers, Dave. -- Dave Chinner david@fromorbit.com