Hello, Paul. On Fri, Sep 02, 2016 at 10:00:56AM -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote: > Note that lockdep believes that the rcu_read_lock() has also been > dropped, otherwise it would have listed it. There isn't any actual code between rcu_read_lock() and the following rcu deref. That's the first thing which happens. It looked mysterious to me so I was wondering whether you knew any brekages on rcu lockdep side. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. > At this point, I have to suggest "git bisect"... I'll try to reproduce it and see wth is going on. Thanks! -- tejun