On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 12:42:06PM +0800, Mengdong Lin wrote: > Surely we can create worst case number of DAIs but that would be too much. > Here is the example of SKL/BXT: > 6 SSP Ports Rx and Tx, 2 DMIC Ports, 7 Playback DMA channels, 6 Capture DMA > channels.We are creating topology diagram in text to explain different > configuration for different use case,like Android, Linux, Chrome and > Automotive. That's just 14 back ends by my count (the SSP and DMIC ports) which seems totally managable? Even if you include the DMA it's still not an absurdly large number especially if you compare it to something like the number of widgets we actively manage in a running CODEC.