On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 07:39:50PM +0200, Phil Sutter wrote: > As netlink_get_register() may return NULL, we must not pass the returned > data unchecked to expr_set_type() as that will dereference it. Since the > parser has failed at that point anyway, by returning early we can skip > the useless statement allocation that follows in > netlink_parse_ct_stmt(). I found a couple more spots, such as the payload stmt that was not covered by this patch. Attaching a new one based on this, looks good to you? Anyway, this is very unlikely to happen: Only if we ever get more registers in the kernel, given that expl_clone() relies on the xzalloc() function that just stops execution under OOM. Actually this brings an interesting issue that is that we need to provide a way to describe the vm capabilities so we can extend things in the future without breaking userspace.