From: Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de>
To: u-boot@lists.denx.de
Subject: [U-Boot] recommended place to add some custom settings to u-boot environment?
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 16:31:47 +0200	[thread overview]

Dear Robert,

In message <alpine.LFD.2.20.1609140935240.5661@ca624034.mitel.com> you wrote:

> > It will not realy work.  "space-separated" is not good enough as a
> > space character is a legal part of the value of an environment
> > variable.  You would need to tweak the import code.
>
>   but himport_r() explicitly takes a separator character, and i can
> guarantee the strings being "imported" have no embedded space
> characters in their values. so as long as that's the case, shouldn't
> himport_r() properly handle that given a separator of space?

Well, yes, but it sounds a bit fragile to me.  Experience tells me
that very soon someone _will_ use a space in a variable.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must  be
sane  to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.
                                                       - Nikola Tesla