On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 07:03:39AM -0400, Yaowei Bai wrote: > As epoll whether enabled or not is a global setting, we can just > check it only once rather than checking it with every node iteration. > Through this we can avoid a lot of checks when epoll is not enabled. > > Signed-off-by: Yaowei Bai > Reviewed-by: Xiubo Li > --- > aio-posix.c | 12 +++++++----- > 1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-) The commit message says "improve aio_poll performance" but no benchmark results were provided. Therefore I can't take this patch as a performance optimization. I'm still happy to merge the patch since it makes the if statement simpler but I'll rename it to "aio-posix: avoid unnecessary aio_epoll_enabled() calls". I don't think this patch gives a measurable performance improvement. If you believe otherwise, please post benchmark results. Please let me know what you think. Stefan