On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 03:16:33PM +0800, Peter Xu wrote: > On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 04:12:05PM +1000, David Gibson wrote: > > On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 04:25:46PM +0800, Peter Xu wrote: > > > IOMMU Notifier list is used for notifying IO address mapping changes. > > > Currently VFIO is the only user. > > > > > > However it is possible that future consumer like vhost would like to > > > only listen to part of its notifications (e.g., cache invalidations). > > > > > > This patch introduced IOMMUNotifier and IOMMUNotfierFlag bits for a > > > finer grained control of it. > > > > > > IOMMUNotifier contains a bitfield for the notify consumer describing > > > what kind of notification it is interested in. Currently two kinds of > > > notifications are defined: > > > > > > - IOMMU_NOTIFIER_MAP: for newly mapped entries (additions) > > > - IOMMU_NOTIFIER_UNMAP: for entries to be removed (cache invalidates) > > > > > > When registering the IOMMU notifier, we need to specify one or multiple > > > types of messages to listen to. > > > > > > When notifications are triggered, its type will be checked against the > > > notifier's type bits, and only notifiers with registered bits will be > > > notified. > > > > > > Signed-off-by: Peter Xu > > > > I still don't see the big fat comment saying that in-place changes to > > an IOMMU mapping aren't permitted. > > IMHO if we are using MAP and UNMAP here then it's fairly clear even we > will support in-place change in the future. I can add one more > paragraph for in-place change like: > > For any IOMMU implementation, an in-place mapping change should be > notified with an UNMAP following a MAP. > > Do you think this works? I guess it will do. > > [...] > > > > +struct IOMMUNotifier { > > > + void (*notify)(struct IOMMUNotifier *notifier, void *data); > > > > Given that we now have a special notifier type for this purpose, we > > could actually type this to take an IOMMUTLBEntry instead of a void *. > > Yep. I can fix that. Great. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson