Hi David, On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 09:01:56AM -0400, David Gibson wrote: > On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 12:07:21PM +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote: > > Hi David, > > > > On Mon, Aug 01, 2016 at 01:36:42PM +1000, David Gibson wrote: > > > On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 11:55:48AM +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote: > > > > Add a function to modify inplace only a portion of a property.. > > > > > > > > This is especially useful when the property is an array of values, and you > > > > want to update one of them without changing the DT size. > > > > > > > > Acked-by: Simon Glass > > > > Reviewed-by: David Gibson > > > > Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard > > > > > > Applied, though I made a couple of tiny tweaks, see below. > > > > Awesome, thanks! > > > > Do you still have comments on the last 3 patches? > > Sorry, I got sidetracked by other things. > > The only remaining thing I'd like some changes in is the error > reporting. > > The biggset problem is that in some places you are returning > BADSTRUCTURE for badly formatter fixup or other overlay properties. > BADSTRUCTURE should only be used when there is a problem in the > encoding of the tree structure itself, not a problem in the encoding > within a specific property or properties. > > I don't think your code should ever generate BADSTRUCTURE directly > (but it could return it when it gets that value returned from a lower > level function). > > What I was hoping to have a closer look at was to see if I'd prefer > just a single 'BADOVERLAY' error for any problem in te overlay > encoding, or if I'd prefer sveral: BADFIXUP, BADTARGET, or something > like that. I'll try to get a closer look, but it probably won't > happen this week (I'm at KVM Forum). Did you have time to think about this? Thanks, Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering http://free-electrons.com