On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 11:39:48AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote: > On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 2:01 PM, Mont3z Claros wrote: > > Hi all, > > > > I just finished a first beta version of a meta layer for SBC pine64. > > You can find it in https://github.com/mont3z/meta-pine64 > > > > I'd appreciate if anyone has any comments on possible improvements. A > > major problem I had was the necessity of two toolchains: one for > > compiling u-boot (32 bits) and another for compiling all other > > components (64 bis). At the moment I have a very ugly hack to do it. > > The 32 bit toolchain is an external toolchain and I set PATH > > environmental variable in u-boot recipe. > > I think it would be desirable to have single toolchain, u-boot is a > stand alone app > in general, if your compiler can do multilib builds for 32bit then it > would be possible > to build it. May be you should work with the toolchain team for pine64 to see if > that can be done. It will simplify using this layer. Actually, pine64 has a 64bit U-Boot, I think maybe the layer just needs to be updated to use mainline (or v2016.09.01) U-Boot. > Other option I would suggest to build u-boot externally for your SoC, we do > not necessarily need a bootloader for building final images anyway. Well, you do if you want a bootable image to be made :) iirc all of the models are SD card only, no eMMC so assuming firmware "elsewhere" is a bad idea. -- Tom