On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 03:30:53PM +0300, Mika Westerberg wrote: > ACPI WDAT table is the preferred way to use hardware watchdog over the > native iTCO_wdt. Windows only uses this table for its hardware watchdog > implementation so we should be relatively safe to trust it has been > validated by OEMs > > Prevent iTCO watchdog creation if we detect that there is ACPI WDAT table. > > Signed-off-by: Mika Westerberg > Reviewed-by: Guenter Roeck BTW I assume this patch does not go via the i2c tree. Please tell me if you think otherwise.