On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 10:01:13AM -0500, Rob Herring wrote: > On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 2:41 PM, Wolfram Sang wrote: > > On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 11:49:15AM +0200, Jerome Brunet wrote: > >> This patchset adds a specific compatible string in the Meson I2C driver > >> for the Amlogic Meson gxbb SoC. > >> > >> Other patch series (pinctrl and device tree) are being sent to complete > >> the i2c support on meson gxbb > >> > >> Neil Armstrong (2): > >> i2c: meson: add gxbb compatible string > >> dt-bindings: i2c-meson: add gxbb compatible string > > > > Squashed both patches and applied to for-next, thanks! > > Please don't squash. We ask people to split DT bindings for a reason > being reviews and bindings may not go thru subsystem maintainers in > the future. It also makes it harder to find things in the archives or > patchwork (as does maintainer fixups of subject lines). I intentionally don't ask people to send me the patches squashed. So, you will have them seperate in patchwork et al. I only squash them just before commiting to my tree. That's because I found that when digging through git history, it is much more convenient to have all the information in one commit.