Hello Tomas, On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 09:09:07PM +0100, tomas.hlavacek-x+rMaJPWets@public.gmane.org wrote: > On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 9:28 PM, Andrew Lunn wrote: > > Interrupts don't seem to work very well with the nxp,pca9538. Which > > is probably why it is disabled by default. > > I was thinking about this issue and I can remember that there was an earlier > prototype that had a shared interrupt line from PHY (88E1514) and from the > PCA9538. In this case we needed to specifically disable the interrupt of the > PHY to release the interrupt line (which needed a hack into PHY driver > code). The IRQ from PHY is connected as an ordinary input to PCA9538 in > later board prototype. And the same holds for the production version. That would explain why I see an "irq but nobody cared" message when booting the original system. This isn't the problem I meant though. When adding interrupt-parent = <&pcawan>; interrupts = <7 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_LOW>; to the phy node I get an error saying that there is no irq domain associated with this device. > Do you have CZ11NIC13 or older board revision? CZ11NIC12 is indicated on my board. Best regards Uwe