On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 05:07:18PM +0530, Nikunj A Dadhania wrote: > From: Avinesh Kumar > > vextublx: Vector Extract Unsigned Byte Left > vextuhlx: Vector Extract Unsigned Halfword Left > vextuwlx: Vector Extract Unsigned Word Left > > Signed-off-by: Avinesh Kumar > Signed-off-by: Nikunj A Dadhania So, when I suggested doing these without helpers before, I had forgotten that the non-byte versions can straddle the word boundary. Given that the offset is in a register, not the instruction that does make it complicated. But, this version also relies on working 128-bit arithmetic, AFAICT this will just fail to build if CONFIG_INT128 isn't defined. It really shouldn't be that hard to make a helper that works just in terms of 64-bit arithmetic - there are only 3 cases (all in the upper word, all in the lower, and straddling). I'd prefer to see it done that way, rather than increasing reliance on CONFIG_INT128. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson