On Thu 2016-11-24 16:36:51, Pali Rohár wrote: > On Thursday 24 November 2016 16:32:06 Jacek Anaszewski wrote: > > Since it has been reported that POLLPRI notifications on brightness > > file can lead to increased power consumption, and having my above > > statement I don't think that it is a good idea to use brightness > > file for this. > > How is brightness file different from others that it cannot issue > POLLPRI notification? Reading "brightness" may or may not give you current brightness of the led, depending on hardware limitations -- and you can't know. (It may give you maximum brightness of trigger) Reading "hw_current_brightness" file (if present) will give you current brightness. In addition, it is pollable. Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html