On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 12:14:30PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote: > The interaction between i915 and audio is simple, yes, it just exposes > a few things, mmio ptr, irq, etc. But still I don't understand why > multiple layers of indirect accesses are needed *inside* lpe audio > driver itself. For example, suspend/resume action is cascaded to yet > another ops. > I would understand if this "shell" provides a few thin accessors to > the raw i915 registers. But another layering over a single driver > implementation makes little sense in regard of abstraction. (If there > were multiple class inherits, it's a different story, of course.) We saw the same thing with the DSP code as well...