On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 01:32:31PM +0100, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote: > On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Jörg Thalheim wrote: > > What do you mean be precise? Is there a bug in the other logic apart from > > probably unnecessary routes? > > Performance will suffer unnecessarily. Please provide numbers. I would be very surprised if a few redundant routes have any performance impact, given that the kernel can handle 600k routes without major issues. As far as I can see, your argument is more about "(pure) technical correctness" than about performance. For the OpenWRT proto, I believe that simplicity of the code is a more important factor, even if it means a few redundant routes in some corner cases. These routes do not hurt functionality. Baptiste