On Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 01:52:22PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote: > Mark Brown wrote: > > No, it's complicated. IIRC it's not *actually* doing GPIO management, > > it's adding an option to wiggle a pin on the one board you've so far > > that happens to have this issue but if someone finds a GPIO from > > somewhere else it'll run into trouble. > How that can happen? It applies only via DMI matching. Sure, it works on that one machine but if someone else did something similar but using a different GPIO it (from what I remember) might not work. I think I was going to try to figure out if it was really a GPIO or if perhaps the changelog is just not clear. But anyway, content free ping so...