On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 00:15:33 +0100 Greg Kurz wrote: > On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 13:36:43 -0600 > Eric Blake wrote: > > > On 02/03/2017 05:57 AM, Pradeep Jagadeesh wrote: > > > This patchset adds the throttle support for the 9p-local driver. > > > For now this functionality can be enabled only through qemu cli options. > > > QMP interface and support to other drivers need further extensions. > > > > This part is a bit scary - if 2.9 is released with just the cli option > > and not the QMP interface, then how does someone like libvirt introspect > > whether the feature is available for use? > > > > I'm not aware of anything related to fsdev in QMP... and libvirt seems to > only parse the output of -help to guess fsdev capabilities. Oops, reading some more libvirt code I now see that libvirt doesn't parse -help anymore with QEMU >= 1.2.0... sorry for the noise :) > And indeed, > qemu-options.hx doesn't expose this new feature. > > > Please make sure we don't reach 2.9 with only a half-baked feature; > > whether that means finishing the QMP work or temporarily disabling the > > cli additions until a later release can finish the work. > > > > Would this be ok to add the missing bits in qemu-options.hx or do you > expect more ? > > Cheers. > > -- > Greg