On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 19:18:44 -0500 Paul Gortmaker wrote: > The Kconfig currently controlling compilation of this code is: > > drivers/reset/Kconfig:config RESET_ATH79 > drivers/reset/Kconfig: bool "AR71xx Reset Driver" if COMPILE_TEST > > ...meaning that it currently is not being built as a module by anyone. > > Lets remove the modular code that is essentially orphaned, so that > when reading the driver there is no doubt it is builtin-only. > > We explicitly disallow a driver unbind, since that doesn't have a > sensible use case anyway, and it allows us to drop the ".remove" > code for non-modular drivers. > > Since module_platform_driver() uses the same init level priority as > builtin_platform_driver() the init ordering remains unchanged with > this commit. > > Also note that MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE is a no-op for non-modular code. > > We also delete the MODULE_LICENSE tag etc. since all that information > was (or is now) contained at the top of the file in the comments. > > Cc: Philipp Zabel > Cc: Alban Bedel > Signed-off-by: Paul Gortmaker Acked-by: Alban Bedel