Hi, FWIW I was also interested in battery level of my Bose QC35 and checked this some time ago. That time I only checked the low energy stuff, since the Android application seems to know the battery status with only LE being connected. Marcel Holtman wrote: >> This headset do have dual mode, I searched around using gatttool ant the >> gatt specification but I find nothing about Battery Level >> (org.bluetooth.characteristic.battery_level.xml) or Battery Service >> (org.bluetooth.service.battery_service.xml). Bose QC35 does not expose battery status through standard battery_level characteristic. There is a proprietary primary service 0xfebe (which is assigned to Bose) with a couple of custom services. I assume battery level can be read through them, but the required commands are unknown. >> How could I read what's in the Apple HFP extensions? > > Start with this one. It describes the extra HFP AT commands that iOS uses: > > https://developer.apple.com/hardwaredrivers/BluetoothDesignGuidelines.pdf Thanks for the documentation link! That is actually implemented for the Bose QC35. Here is a quick hack providing battery status info in pulseaudio log: https://github.com/sre/pulseaudio/commit/d66b66d20e9bc73e6d0ca89283cf2b5675304b00 -- Sebastian