Hi, On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 01:47:23PM -0700, Liam Breck wrote: > On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 3:52 AM, Sebastian Reichel wrote: > > That still leaves the health status reading, though. From > > userspace's point-of-view this should be merged into the > > battery device, if fuel-gauge can't provide that information. > > You mean merged into the -charger device? -battery is the one > we're dropping. > > If you did mean -battery, could you elaborate? I was not talking about bq24190-battery. I meant the battery device provided by the fuel-gauge. From userspace's point of view a battery device, which is usually derived from the fuel-gauge should contain battery related information. Since the battery health information is battery related it should somehow be merged into the data from the fuel-gauge. That's what Hans implemented with the function-pointer construct and what you suggested to implement in this mail: http://marc.info/?l=linux-pm&m=149026871313238&w=2 -- Sebastian