* Feedback on patches?
@ 2017-03-24 11:59 Milian Wolff
From: Milian Wolff @ 2017-03-24 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acme, linux-perf-users

Hey Arnaldo, others.

Jin Yao has pushed an extremely valuable change set, whichs brings inlined
frames into view for perf report. So far, he has not gotten any feedback by
anyone except me.

Similarly, I have pushed a changeset that complements his, i.e. the one that
adds `-g srcline`. That one has not gotten any feedback whatsoever.

So I'm asking - what is required to get these patches reviewed and included? I
consider both extremely important for C++ application developers like me, who
face inlined frames regularly due to template code.

Please consider reviewing and merging them.

Thanks, appreciated
--
Milian Wolff | milian.wolff@kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel: +49-30-521325470

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: Feedback on patches?
@ 2017-03-24 15:10 ` Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo @ 2017-03-24 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Milian Wolff; +Cc: linux-perf-users

Em Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 12:59:03PM +0100, Milian Wolff escreveu:
> Hey Arnaldo, others.
>
> Jin Yao has pushed an extremely valuable change set, whichs brings inlined
> frames into view for perf report. So far, he has not gotten any feedback by
> anyone except me.

I was observing this from a distance, there was lively discussion, I was
waiting for the dust to settle so that I could then look at the
implementation aspects.

> Similarly, I have pushed a changeset that complements his, i.e. the one that
> adds `-g srcline`. That one has not gotten any feedback whatsoever.

I saw that one now while looking for this one, that I saw earlier today
on my smartphone.

> So I'm asking - what is required to get these patches reviewed and included? I
> consider both extremely important for C++ application developers like me, who
> face inlined frames regularly due to template code.

> Please consider reviewing and merging them.

The more reviewers, the better, I'm making sure the pull requests I send
to Ingo are CCed here, so that one can see what is being done that may
be taking precedence to other stuff.

But always do as you did here, if a reasonable time has passed without
things you think are ready being merged, advocate for it, show numbers,
etc.

I'll try to look at it ASAP.

- Arnaldo