* [ANNOUNCE] OSPM-summit is on next Monday
@ 2017-03-27 13:25 ` Juri Lelli
From: Juri Lelli @ 2017-03-27 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-pm, linux-acpi, linux-pci, linux-rt-users
  Cc: Peter Zijlstra, Rafael J. Wysocki, Vincent Guittot, Ulf Hansson,
	Morten Rasmussen, Lorenzo Pieralisi, Dietmar Eggemann,
	Luca Abeni, Tommaso Cucinotta, Sudeep Holla, juri.lelli,
	Viresh Kumar, Patrick Bellasi, Kevin Hilman, Michael Turquette,
	Paolo Valente, Claudio Scordino, Thomas Gleixner, Steven Rostedt

Hi,

we are only a week away from the OSPM-summit!

Pack your bags (or stay tuned for the live streaming).

Don't forget to subscribe to the summit mailing list to receive updates by
either following the instructions available at the following link
http://groups.google.com/group/ospm-summit-2017/boxsubscribe?email=<your_email>
or sending an email to ospm-summit-2017+subscribe@googlegroups.com

More information about schedule and logistics follow.

---

Power Management and Scheduling in the Linux Kernel (OSPM-summit)
April 3-4, 2017
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna (SSSA)
Pisa, Italy
http://retis.sssup.it/ospm-summit/

---

.:: FOCUS

Power management and scheduling techniques to reduce energy consumption while
meeting performance and latency requirements are receiving considerable
attention from the Linux Kernel development community.

The Power Management and Scheduling in the Linux Kernel (OSPM-summit) summit
aims at fostering further interest and discussion to happen.

.:: SCHEDULE

The summit is organized to cover two days of discussions and talks.

What follows is a tentative schedule, subject to last minute changes.
Find more info and real time updates on this shared document:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B-IsUIGitvRa7ZzppEAJBMgGpIgRAAnu_OhDAGYg6SQ/edit?usp=sharing

Monday (2017-04-03)
*******************
09:00AM - 09:30AM	Welcome and Introduction (DAY 1)
---
09:30AM - 10:20AM	Tooling/LISA
---
10:20AM - 11:10AM	About The Need to Power Instrument The Linux Kernel
---
11:10AM - 11:20AM	Break
---
11:20AM - 12:10AM	What are the latest evolutions in PELT and what next
---
12:10AM - 01:00PM	PELT decay clamping/UTIL_EST
---
01:00PM - 02:30PM	Lunch
---
02:30PM - 03:20PM	EAS where we are
---
03:20PM - 04:10PM	Energy model/Exotic topologies
---
04:10PM - 04:20PM	Break
---
04:20PM - 05:10PM	Schedtune
---
05:10PM - 06:00PM	SCHED_DEADLINE and reclaiming

Tuesday (2017-04-04)
********************
09:00AM - 09:30AM	Welcome and Introduction (DAY 2)
---
09:30AM - 10:20AM	Discussion about possible improvements in the schedutil governor
---
10:20AM - 11:10AM	Schedutil for SCHED_DEADLINE
---
11:10AM - 11:20AM	Break
---
11:20AM - 12:10AM	Parameterizing CFS load balancing: nr_running/util/load
---
12:10AM - 01:00PM	Tracepoints for PELT
---
01:00PM - 02:30PM	Lunch
---
02:30PM - 03:20PM	IRQ prediction
---
03:20PM - 04:10PM	I/O scheduling and power management with storage devices
---
04:10PM - 04:20PM	Break
---
04:20PM - 05:10PM	SCHED_DEADLINE group scheduling
---
05:10PM - 06:00PM	A Hierarchical Scheduling Model for Dynamic Soft-Realtime Systems
---
06:00PM - 06:30PM	Closing Remarks

We are looking into setting up live streaming of the sessions. Details
will be soon shared through the shared doc mentioned above and the
event mailing list.

List of attendees is also available in the doc and on the event website.

.:: VENUE

The workshop will take place at ReTiS Lab*, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Pisa,
Italy. Pisa is a small town, walking distance from the city center to the venue
is 20 minutes, walking distance from the airport to the city center is 30
minutes. More details are available from the summit web page:
http://retis.sssup.it/ospm-summit/

A map of the town with venue location, points of interest and
transportation information is available at:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ANKOXr2cuZkABXskDurgrGdl_js&usp=sharing

Bus from Airport to city centre takes about 10 min and costs 1.20 euros
(2 euros if bought on board). Large bills are usually not accepted.

Taxi from Airport to city centre costs 10/15 euros. Credit cards are not
accepted.

.:: ORGANIZERS (in alphabetical order)

Luca Abeni (SSSA)
Patrick Bellasi (ARM)
Tommaso Cucinotta (SSSA)
Dietmar Eggemann (ARM)
Sudeep Holla (ARM)
Juri Lelli (ARM)
Lorenzo Pieralisi (ARM)
Morten Rasmussen (ARM)

From: Juri Lelli @ 2017-03-27 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-pm, linux-acpi, linux-pci, linux-rt-users
  Cc: Peter Zijlstra, Rafael J. Wysocki, Vincent Guittot, Ulf Hansson,
	Morten Rasmussen, Lorenzo Pieralisi, Dietmar Eggemann,
	Luca Abeni, Tommaso Cucinotta, Sudeep Holla, juri.lelli,
	Viresh Kumar, Patrick Bellasi, Kevin Hilman, Michael Turquette,
	Paolo Valente, Claudio Scordino, Thomas Gleixner, Steven Rostedt,
	Mika Westerberg, Lukas Wunner, Daniel Lezcano,
	Frederic Weisbecker

[...]

List of attendees is also available in the doc and on the event website.

[...]

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] OSPM-summit is on next Monday
  (?)
@ 2017-04-01 11:44   ` Juri Lelli
From: Juri Lelli @ 2017-04-01 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-pm, linux-acpi, linux-pci, linux-rt-users
  Cc: Peter Zijlstra, Rafael J. Wysocki, Vincent Guittot, Ulf Hansson,
	Morten Rasmussen, Lorenzo Pieralisi, Dietmar Eggemann,
	Luca Abeni, Tommaso Cucinotta, Sudeep Holla, Viresh Kumar,

On 27/03/17 14:25, Juri Lelli wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>    we are only a week away from the OSPM-summit!
>
>    Pack your bags (or stay tuned for the live streaming).

Quick update.

Live streaming events are now ready to start on RetisLab Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9s6mcKszFdIRU7ZpsknfKA/videos?live_view=502&shelf_id=3&view=2&sort=dd

There is the possibility to join the sessions via Hangouts. Since only a
max of 10 remote participants are allowed, invites to join will be sent
on a per need basis. Don't hesitate to ask to join by replying to this
email.

Best,

- Juri

From: Juri Lelli @ 2017-04-01 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)