* [Qemu-devel] how to create threads like dataplane in qemu
@ 2017-04-01  3:54 PERSIST
From: PERSIST @ 2017-04-01  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hello!
  I want to create a specific thread for each process in VM so that virtio block requests from each process can be sumbitted in the thread related to the process.
  I tried to implement it by referring to dataplane,but I can not understand the source about dataplane.
  What should I do?

  I am not good at English.Please forgive me.

  Best wishes
                                                            Zhiheng Tao

* Re: [Qemu-devel] how to create threads like dataplane in qemu
@ 2017-04-05  1:56 ` Fam Zheng
From: Fam Zheng @ 2017-04-05  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PERSIST; +Cc: qemu-devel

On Sat, 04/01 11:54, PERSIST wrote:
> Hello!
>   I want to create a specific thread for each process in VM so that virtio block requests from each process can be sumbitted in the thread related to the process.
>   I tried to implement it by referring to dataplane,but I can not understand the source about dataplane.

There are multiple abstraction layers between guest process and QEMU threads, I
don't think the model you describe is practical. In dataplane, requests are
submitted to host through virtio ioeventfd, and handled by the per-virtual
device thread. What are you trying to achieve here?

Fam

* Re: [Qemu-devel] how to create threads like dataplane in qemu
@ 2017-04-06 10:37 ` Stefan Hajnoczi
From: Stefan Hajnoczi @ 2017-04-06 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PERSIST; +Cc: qemu-devel