On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 06:09:29PM +0200, Max Reitz wrote: > This patch adds two new parameters to the preallocate() function so we > will be able to use it not just for preallocating a new image but also > for preallocated image growth. > > The offset parameter allows the caller to specify a virtual offset from > which to start preallocating. For newly created images this is always 0, > but for preallocating growth this will be the old image length. > > The new_length parameter specifies the supposed new length of the image > (basically the "end offset" for preallocation). During image truncation, > bdrv_getlength() will return the old image length so we cannot rely on > its return value then. > > Signed-off-by: Max Reitz > --- > block/qcow2.c | 16 +++++++++++----- > 1 file changed, 11 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-) Reviewed-by: Stefan Hajnoczi