Hi! > On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 11:11:47PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote: > > > Motorola CPCAP is a PMIC found in multiple smartphones. > > > This driver adds support for the chip's LED controllers. > > > It has explicit support for all controllers used by the > > > Droid 4. Since no datasheets are available the other > > > available controllers are not supported until somebody > > > verified, that the register layout matches. > > > > This of course leads me to two questions: > > > > 1) Where can I get Droid 4? > > I got a used one on Ebay for 42€ incl. shipping & customs. The trick > is clicking the worldwide option, since they are pretty expensive in > EU (they only exist with US LTE modem, so they were not sold here > officially). > > > 2) How well is it supported? > > UART + WLAN works with mainline master branch. As written by Tony > we have a couple of patches ready for 4.12. Big open tasks are the > cameras and the modems. Cameras are handled via co-processor in the > stock system (that's about all I know about them so far) and modems are > connected via USB + GPIOs (and for the 2G/3G modem an additional UART). > LTE modem support seems simple (USB-CDC based), but does not work > in EU and 2G/3G looks like much work. Modem voice support will be > simpler than on N900, though (data goes directly to the audio codec). > Speaking about audio codec: I'm currently working on that. Thanks for all the information. It looks like a nice and powerful machine, but I'm looking for a phone, first. (I'd actually like something smaller than n900, preferably 3 times smaller... but... as long as it calls it will have to do :-) ). Best regards, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html