Hi! > That self-referencing mux-controls property looks a bit superfluous: > > mux: video-multiplexer { > mux-controls = <&mux>; > }; > > Other than that, I'm completely fine with splitting the compatible into > something like video-mux-gpio and video-mux-mmio and reusing the > mux-gpios property for video-mux-gpio. Agreed, I overseen that. > > You should be able to use code in drivers/mux as a library... > > This is a good idea in principle, but this requires some rework of the > mux subsystem, and that subsystem hasn't even landed yet. For now I'd > like to focus on getting the DT bindings right. > > I'd honestly prefer to not add this rework as a requirement for the i.MX > media drivers to get into staging. Hmm. staging/ normally accepts code with bigger design problems than that. Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html