On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 05:32:56PM +0200, Kevin Wolf wrote: > Am 18.04.2017 um 16:47 hat Stefan Hajnoczi geschrieben: > > On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 11:18:19AM +0200, Kevin Wolf wrote: > > > after getting assertion failure reports for block migration in the last > > > minute, we just hacked around it by commenting out op blocker assertions > > > for the 2.9 release, but now we need to see how to fix things properly. > > > Luckily, get_maintainer.pl doesn't report me, but only you. :-) > > > > > > The main problem I see with the block migration code (on the > > > destination) is that it abuses the BlockBackend that belongs to the > > > guest device to make its own writes to the image file. If the guest > > > isn't allowed to write to the image (which it now isn't during incoming > > > migration since it would conflict with the newer style of block > > > migration using an NBD server), writing to this BlockBackend doesn't > > > work any more. > > > > > > So what should really happen is that incoming block migration creates > > > its own BlockBackend for writing to the image. Now we don't want to do > > > this anew for every incoming block, but ideally we'd just create all > > > necessary BlockBackends upfront and then keep using them throughout the > > > whole migration. Is there a way to get some setup/teardown callbacks > > > at the start/end of the migration that could initialise and free such > > > global data? > > > > It can be done in the beginning of block_load() similar to > > block_mig_state.bmds_list, which is created in init_blk_migration() at > > save time. > > The difference is that block_load() is the counterpart for > block_save_iterate(), not for init_blk_migration(). That is, it is > called for each chunk of block migration data, which is interleaved with > normal RAM migration chunks. > > So we can either create each BlockBackend the first time we need it in > block_load(), or create BlockBackends for all existing device BBs and > BDSes the first time block_load() is called. We still need some place > to actually free the BlockBackends again when the migration completes. > > Dave suggested migration state notifiers, which looked like an option, > but at least the existing migration states aren't enough, because the > BlockBackends need to go away before blk_resume_after_migration() is > called, but MIGRATION_STATUS_COMPLETED is set only afterwards. > > > We can also move the if (blk != blk_prev) blk_invalidate_cache() code > > out of the load loop. It should be done once when setting up > > BlockBackends. > > Same problem as above, while saving has setup/cleanup callbacks, we only > have the iterate callback for loading. I see what you are saying. setup/cleanups need to be added to SaveVMHandlers. Stefan