Hi Jan, > We do want auto-detection, so either this text is wrong or setting > I2C_CLASS_HWMON in our i2c adapter is correct. Am I missing > something? I was assuming the pci-driver could ACPI for device instantiation, and the platdrv could use DT. Then, the adapter class usage raised my eyebrow. I just saw that the pci-driver does not have ACPI support, yet. So, the class could be used. Not sure about the platdrv case? But even then, the adapter will probe EVERY hwmon device as soon as its i2c client driver loads. Do you really want that? This may cost boot time, has unneeded traffic on the bus, etc. Regards, Wolfram